Wednesday Nights from 6:00-8:00 pm at the City Market Studio
1. Are you a newer Yoga Teacher?
2. Do you have a desire to "hone your skills"?
3. If you are NOT a Yoga teacher, have you ever wondered how a yoga pose is supposed to feel in your body?
4. Are you curious about why your yoga teacher tells you to move your foot this way or move your shoulders that way...etc?
5. Are you ready to dive deeper into your Yoga practice?
If the answer is yes to any of the above questions, JOIN US on Wednesday nights for a new series at KC Yoga Center; Asana Lab. In Asana Lab you will learn:
- what YOUR proper alignment is in yoga poses.
-the muscles, bones, ligaments, tendons and fascia that make up the pose.
-origin stories or background of the pose.
-different modifications and what props may or may not enhance your practice.
-health benefits and contraindications of the poses.
- incorporating the Yoga Wall in your practice.
This event focuses on a different theme each Wednesday night.
Schedule of Asana Themes is posted below.
9/13-Introduction-A&P of Preparatory Poses (Text Ray Long- Key Poses of Yoga)
9/20-Fundamentals and Preparatory Poses
9/27- Intro to Family of Asanas- Externally Rotated Standing Poses
10/4-Intro to Family of Asana-Internally Rotated Standing Poses
10/11- Intro to Family of Asana- Fundamentals of Vinyasa Flow Part 1
10/11- Inro to Family of Asana- Fundamentals of Vinyasa Flow Part 2
10/25 Intro to Family of Asana- Hip openers