TOTAL ECLIPSE YOGA MALA! 9:00am- 10:00 am in the Park at City Market
Have you been wondering if there is something you can do to celebrate and experience the upcoming eclipse?
Something out of the ordinary?
Well, worry not… We have an auspicious solution for YOU!
KC Yoga Center and KC City Market’s Total Eclipse Yoga Mala
Are you wondering, “What is a Yoga Mala?”
- A Yoga Mala is an ancient yogic tradition of doing 108 sun salutations.
- It is usually done in connection with a change in season or an auspicious astrological event, in this instance the Solar Eclipse.
- A Yoga Mala is an auspicious day to take stock in your life and set new goals in conjunction with the changing season.
Are you wondering, “Why use the number 108?”
According to Professor Subhash Kak of Louisiana State University, the ancient vedas related the following:
- The distance between the earth and the sun is approximately 108 times the sun's diameter.
- The diameter of the sun is about 108 times the earth's diameter.
- And the distance between the earth and the moon is 108 times the moon's diameter.
There are many more reasons to numerous to count.
Are you worried about the number 108?
Our yoga Mala is set up like the phases of the moon.
You begin the practice setting an intention on your back gradually moving into:
1/2 sun salutations,
3/4 sun salutations,
and right back down to your back.
Bring your own mat and prepare to stay for the festivities!
We will see you on the Dark Side of the Moon!