The holidays can get hectic and stressful, and we often forget to take the time to relax. Make this year an exception. Join us for a four week series of restorative yoga. Restorative yoga is a deeply relaxing practice. You'll be fully supported and tucked in as you are guided to relax and rest.
We are looking for volunteers to come with us to volunteer at the City Union Mission on December 21st - we will be serving lunch from 11:00 am-1:00 pm
- Join us the launch party of NAVA - Theresa Goodman's CD
- Friday December 1st at the City Market Studio from 6:30pm- 8:30 pm
- The 200 hr teacher trainees are hosting this event at our City Market location.
- Available for purchase here: https://www.theresagoodman.com/products
Are you a yoga teacher and...
- Do you have an interest in learning how to practice yoga on the wall?
- Do you have an interest in adding private sessions to your yoga teaching skills?
- Do you have an interest in adding more therapeutic options to your offerings?
- Are you tired of paying out the ___ for training?
If the answer to the above questions is YES, join C-IAYT Kelly Colln and Theresa Goodman for KC Yoga Center’s YOGA ON THE WALL TEACHER TRAINING
The yoga wall training will be held on November 11th and 12th at the Zona Rosa studio from 12:30-5:30 pm. Cost is $150.00
- Are you one of the three Americans who suffer from sleep deprivation? Did you know driving while sleep deprived can be just as dangerour as driving while under the influence? KC Yoga Center to the rescue!
- This series offers gentle movement to increase your circulation, thus allowing you to relax and restore your body.
- In this workshop you will explore and learn alternatives for a better nights rest through gentle pranayama and meditation.
- With unrelenting information and stimulation coming at us continuously it is crucial to have a restful sleep to meet the challenges of todays world.
- According to the CDC 1 in 3 Adults do not get enough sleep, each are at risk for developing chronic illnesses. This workshop will give you the ability to find that rest, heal yourself.
- Classes will be held at Zona Rosa Tuesday nights starting on October 17th. This 4 part yoga therapy series will be held Oct 17, Oct 24, Nov 7 and Nov 14th from 7:15 pm - 8:30 pm.
- This is a 4 class series that requires a special pass to attend - regular class credits can not be used to attend this class. The cost for the 4 classes is $49.00
Schedule of Asana Themes is posted below.
9/27- Intro to Family of Asanas- Externally Rotated Standing Poses
10/4-Intro to Family of Asana-Internally Rotated Standing Poses
10/11- Intro to Family of Asana- Fundamentals of Vinyasa Flow Part 1
10/18- Inro to Family of Asana- Fundamentals of Vinyasa Flow Part 2
10/25 Intro to Family of Asana- Hip openers
JOIN US on Wednesday nights for a new series at KC Yoga Center; Asana Lab. In Asana Lab you will learn:
- what YOUR proper alignment is in yoga poses.
- the muscles, bones, ligaments, tendons and fascia that make up the pose.
- origin stories or background of the pose.
- different modifications and what props may or may not enhance your practice.
- health benefits and contraindications of the poses.
- incorporating the Yoga Wall in your practice.
Are you interested in Teaching Yoga?
Would you like to understand what is involved in the process of becoming a yoga teacher?
Would you like to supplement your income doing what you love?
If the answer to any of the above questions is yes, then join us for a short informational meeting at the City market location!
Check the map and directions below!
Come prepared to practice yoga for 75 minutes and stay after for information!
Come explore your inner mermaid and take your yoga practice to the water with SUP (Stand Up Paddleboard) Yoga. KC Yoga Center is partnering with L.L. Bean this summer to offer yoga classes on the water at Shawnee Mission Lake ending on the shore with a picnic lunch (bring your own picnic). Classes are 90 minutes long and include an intro to stand up paddle boarding, stand up paddle board, a short paddle out, yoga class on the water and a short paddle back to shore. Class sizes are small with a maximum of 5 participants, register for the class for yourself, with a friend or with a group! Classes will be taught by SUP Yoga instructor Mindy Coulter, 200 HR RYT through KCYTT and SUP Yoga Certified through PaddleFit and Stoked Yogi in San Diego, CA.
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to class to complete on site paperwork. All participants must be able to swim. Minimum age is 12 and must be accompanied by a parent.
**No refunds for cancellations made less than 24 hours prior to class**
L.L. Bean has been offering outdoor program experiences for their customers for many years, principally in Maine, but have expanded their program offerings through their stores as they have grown their store base. Since our opening in November 2015, L.L. Bean-Town Center Crossing has offeredDiscovery Courses for both paddle board and kayak, and now SUP Yoga.
If you've been saying, "I haven't been to the Nelson Art Gallery in such a long time",
Or, "I've never eaten at that restaurant at the Nelson...I wonder if it's good?"
Or, " I'd love to practice yoga outside at the Nelson sometime...It's so pretty there."
Bring your appetite, yoga mat, and curiosity and meet us at the Nelson Atkins Art Gallery.
We'll be practicing yoga, dining in the Roselle Courtyard and touring the Asian exhibit!
Call 816-876-5516 for more information
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
COST- $25 (Does not include lunch)
Meet at the information desk in the Nelson at 10:00 AM. We will walk the grounds, set up and practice, tour the museum and finish with a beautiful lunch at the Rozzelle Court.