Are you tired and stressed out?
Are you working with an autoimmune issue?
Are you anxious?
Do you feel like you have NO time?
If so, please do yourself a favor and take a Restorative Yoga Class. You will want to take two. It has a cumulative effect and builds on itself over time.
Restorative Yoga poses are designed to activate the Parasympathetic Nervous System (PNS) otherwise known as your "Rest and Destress" System. It works with the "Fight or Flight" system, reminding us to relax and calm.
According to Judith Lasater who has devoted her life to teaching Restorative Yoga, "We work very hard in our lives, and while we may sleep, we rarely take time to rest.
Benefits of Restorative Yoga poses:
* reduction of blood pressure.
* improvement of immune function.
* improvement in digestion.
* improvement in fertility.
* improvement with elimination.
* reduction of muscle tension.
* reduction of generalized fatigue.
* during deep relaxation, all the organ systems of the body are benefited.
* helps us learn to relax and rest deeply and completely.
Please remember, this practice is the most advanced class we have...It requires you to stop doing, doing, doing and allow, allow, allow yourself to simply be.